Friday, November 21, 2014

11.21.14

I love writing.  I forget how much I love to write sometimes.  I usually forget until I enter past worlds that I've lived in, back when I wrote a lot.

Two years ago, I went to Japan.  It was a two week trip.  We went to Kyoto, Osaka, Shigaraki, Tokoname, and Gifu.  I studied ceramics there.  I saw a lot of things that I don't think I'll ever see again.  It was an inspiring trip.  It was especially inspiring to see all these artists, foreign and Japanese, thriving in something they love.  I wrote about my experiences here.  Every day.  I skimmed it recently, but mostly looking at my first and last entries.  I wrote them while I was on the plane, both in the middle of the long eleven/twelve hour flights.  On my last page of my last entry, I said: "I think I wrote a decent amount for being so busy all the time.  There's still a lot of this notebook left though.  I guess we'll see what happens."

Sometimes I feel like I know myself too well.  And yes, there really are a lot of pages left in that notebook.  I'll soon be getting a chance to fill them once again.  I just got the final confirmations that I will be moving to Tokyo for six months in January, to study and learn Japanese.

I'm too excited.  I'm too excited to form words about how excited I am.  But, in some sort of weird way, I sort of knew this was going to happen?  It's something I would dream about.  Be in a country that inspires me, and learn a language that I can study for eight hours a day and still wish there was more time in the day to learn more.  It's a big step for me, and it's a step that I'm very happy about.  It's strange at the same time.  I don't know what I want to do with the rest of my life, but I do know that time is not going to stop for me to make a decision.  Anything that I want to achieve, I can do it.  I can do it and I'm going to do it.  Mostly because I am too stubborn to let anything get in my way.  Trust in that.

I just recently finished a big painting that I slaved over for two days straight.  I've been really inspired by music lately.  I know this isn't really a big deal to be inspired by music.  I think music touches everyone.  I recently saw one of my favorite bands, The Birthday Massacre.  I've been listening to them for nine years.  In those nine years, they have been so consistent (consistently awesome, to be more accurate) and it's really kept me going.  They just came out with a new album, and while listening to this, I created this piece.


I took my inspiration from their words and morphed it into my own image.  I think that the Earth has a lot to give to us.  Everything that we do will one day end up back to the Earth.  One day, we will become Earth.  Whether it's good or bad is to be determined in our next lifetime.  

Details:


The crown of stones on her head is made up of green calcite and green apophyllite.  Both stones in combination are said to help call upon nature spirits.


Sprouting from little seeds on her hands are the vines.  (I don't know guys I'm just weirdly fascinated with painting figures in distress.  But making it look sort of pretty?  Elegant? I don't think this is too elegant though.)

I've been working on a sketch that's a recycled version of a piece that I eventually want to delete off my portfolio because I can't stand to look at it anymore.  I feel like I grow out of all my art so quickly.  I'm typing this out as a break because the sketch is making my hand cramp.

I never know how to end these, or if people read them.  Actually, I know people read this because I have tons of views.  I don't really understand how blogger works though.  I just type things and send them out into the internet oblivion.  

Back to working on this sketch, I think typing a lot has stretched out my hands enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment