Friday, November 14, 2014

11.14.14

I can't believe it's already the middle of November...

I had a feeling this month was going to go by fast.  Once Halloween came and left, I knew it from the moment I saw November 1 on my phone.  Everything's going to be happening so fast soon and I'm so excited for it.

Good news and bad news! Good news: I haven't posted on here in a few weeks so there's a few pieces to catch up on.  Bad news... I ran out of paints and I'm awaiting their arrival in the mail.  I have a sketch started for a new painting but I don't wanna work too fast on it because I'll be sad if it's all ready to be transferred to the final paper and then there's nothing to paint with :(


I was working on this earlier last week (or maybe the week before that).  I wanted to have one of those moments where I just sit down with a blank piece of tracing paper and half an idea and see what happens (half an idea turned into half a person...funny, right? right..?)


I'm never a fan of colors but personally I love the way the colors turned out on this.  I added a ton of purple india ink to a deep blue color that I had mixed with watercolors, and it really made everything pop because of how bold it was.  I'm pretty happy with it.


I also feel like I've been neglecting my sketchbook lately, so a few nights ago I sat down to draw for the first time in a while.  For some reason I've been really into amethyst, but not in a way where I feel like I need to have it always around me.  More in a way where I want to reproduce it, sketch it, paint it, photograph it.  I don't know why.  The sketch is of a slice of an amethyst stalactite.  It inspired this painting below.


For some reason, I feel very disconnected from my crown chakra right now.  I feel a little imbalanced and I feel like I need to do something about that.  Maybe that's why I've been very attracted to the amethyst.  Maybe this image is of what it feels like to have a muddy crown chakra.  Hmmm.

Hopefully will be posting images of my new painting once I actually paint it and my paints come in the mail!! I might post some of my photography soon too.  I've been taking my camera into work and have been having a lot of fun with my macro lens.  Lots of fun closeups!


No comments:

Post a Comment