Monday, October 6, 2014

10.6.14

My book came in my book came in!! I'm so excited to share with everyone! I have to wait a little bit though because I only ordered two copies for trial, and I just ordered more so I can get a little online store up and running!! It's so hard being patient to wait for things to come in the mail.  I ordered some new business cards too so I have to wait for those as well.  Hopefully by my next post, I'll be able to give out more information!
It's officially Halloween season for the rest of the world (for me my Halloween decorations stay up year round), so I decided to send people some holiday cheer in the mail! I was inspired by one of my college professors who would send out Christmas postcards every year.  I thought to myself, I could never do that.  I could never make a Christmas-y card every year to send.  So, obviously my mind went straight to October 31 and this was the outcome! I have a few left still if anyone would like one, don't be shy!

I've also been working on a new piece for my portfolio which I just finished up tonight.  


It's inspired by Citrine, which keeps me productive from day to day.  It's fun being able to paint about topics that I study and work with on a daily basis ('work with' meaning a few different methods, I guess, ha).  Here's some more process:

 

And a shot from my phone of the final (from instagram, follow me @ kumoriluna !)

Hopefully if I manage my time well tomorrow morning before I leave to go to work, I'll have the opportunity to go get it scanned and have it on my website tomorrow night!

It was a fun piece to do because I love doing detail work.  I feel like I don't always do little details in my work, but this piece is a little on the smaller side for me (which isn't really too small), so I really wanted to focus on all the little dots and lines to make up that mandala.  In my work I also enjoy symbolism.  This piece, as I stated earlier, is inspired by the stone citrine.  Citrine is great for harmonizing the first, second, and third chakra.  The seven circles/triangles on her throat represent the seven chakras, and the three triangles specifically represent the ones in which the crystal activates.  It vibrates to the number six, which is the reasoning for the six stone crown on the girl's head.  The corresponding zodiac signs are Aries, Gemini, Leo, and Libra, represented by the symbols on her arm and the constellations in the background.  The mandala is representative of the sun.  Citrine has a warming quality to it, which inspired the color, and the mandala was summoned to the paper to represent a strong circle of personal power.  It was a fun piece to produce and a little out of my comfort zone in terms of color choice.  But it makes me happy, and that's important, right?

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment