Sunday, June 19, 2016

6.19.16


Beautiful view, isn't it?  This was right before all the madness and fun started happening in Capron Park at the Expo for the Senses!  My art table was yesterday and I just wanted to say a few things about the experience.

First off, this was mine and my friend's first time ever being involved in some type of art fair.  There was a lot of money, time, and hard work that went into the event.  Making art isn't easy, let alone scanning it, making prints, doing crafts, buying displays, figuring out how to layout a 10x10 foot space with a friend who lives over an hour away, and putting yourself out there in front of strangers.  But overall it was a very fun experience and very worth it! I would love to do something like this again in the future.


Here's what our space ended up looking like! Sorry for the little mess under the table there, I didn't really have enough time to take proper pictures because for the most part, we almost always had someone in our booth! My work is in the right hand side, even though my name is on the left side of the sign (oops, haha).


We were lucky to have such beautiful weather but it was a somewhat windy day, so I actually tried to keep only one copy of each print on the table at a time and taped down all my displays so that things wouldn't blow away.


My healing bottles got a lot of attention, a lot of people were intrigued by the idea.  


And this was taken after my magnet section got a little depleted.  There was another chakra set there at one point! I would have taken nicer pictures right in the beginning but it got busy before the event technically even started! We finished setting up a little after 11:30 and people were already walking around even though the event didn't start until noon.

And as for all the art that's left... I will be putting it on Etsy, I promise! I need a day or two of rest to catch up on some other things, and then I will start photographing the extra pieces I have and put them online, so look out for that!

So... now what?! Probably just some relaxing with my sketchbook, to be honest.  And maybe doing a few more acrylic paintings on wood since I've gotten some requests for more moon paintings!

Thanks for reading! 


No comments:

Post a Comment