Tuesday, June 14, 2016

6.14.16

Another post already!! I've been a busy bee the whole month of May.  I want to share some of my craft projects with you!  Everything photographed will be sold at my show this weekend.


I've been making really cute magnets out of slices of tree branches!  All magnets are painted using acrylics.  Being someone who normally paints using watercolors, the texture of acrylic is always weird getting used to again.


The magnet board that I will be using to display them has been cut to a perfect size to fit them all comfortably!  It was tough to photograph because it's so metallic.


I tried to keep the colors somewhat cohesive to each other since they are going to be displayed all on the same board.  I always get a lot of requests to paint moons, so I decided to paint moons on a lot of them! As well as some cute messages.


I also made chakra magnets! These will be sold as sets.  I also had the board cut for these to match them perfectly.  These ones were really fun to paint and I think they would be a lovely set to have. Even just seeing the symbols reminds me to try my hardest to balance my life.  Having them on a refrigerator could remind someone to get a full balance of colors in their meals, getting the most nutrition out of their day.  Having them laid out on a bedside table or an altar can help a person feel more balanced.  We all could use some balance in our lives.

And now for the next project!


I decided to make some healing crystal and herb bottles as well.  I made two kinds: one to help promote sleep, and the other for love.  In the sleep bottles, I used a combination of lepidolite, jasmine, and lavender.  In the love bottles, I used rose quartz, rose petals, and rosemary.  I also attached a little moon charm to the sleep bottles and a heart charm to the love ones! Having gifts from the Earth in one's environment can really improve all different aspects of life.


I think they also came out really adorable and brighten up any space.  I've had them cleansing on my windowsill for a few nights now in the moonlight, and it really makes my room feel like a better place.  


I will also be including an information card with each little bottle purchased.  I am limited in the amount I have, but they really were fun to make.  I would love to continue a project like this in the future.

And that's it for now!  I hope you enjoyed reading! The content of this post is so different from anything I've ever posted.  I love painting in watercolors and drawing in my sketchbook, but it's always fun to try new things.



No comments:

Post a Comment