Thursday, September 24, 2015

9.24.15

Been really busy with my job lately and don't have a lot of time to sit down and really work on a big project.  I've been working in black and white over the past month. Added this new piece to my portfolio website recently.


This was based off of a sketch that I did at the end of last year.  I'm hoping to maybe incorporate them into another piece soon.

Since then, I did another little project that I will probably talk about in my next post, as well as completed a few little black and white paintings.


Above are two merging spinal cords, based off of drawings created at the natural history museum I used to volunteer at.  And below is a little practice painting of two teeny ammonites I bought recently.  They are in the photo, but they're so small it's easy to miss them!


In other news, yesterday was Mabon so I was able to go out with a friend and do many fall things.  We went apple picking, bought apple wine, apple cider, pumpkins, and some loose leaf tea from an herb shop.  It was nice to be outside amongst nature for a while.  Later today I'm hoping to fix up my altar and make a nice spread for the changing of seasons.



Lately I've felt like a lot of my time is being sacrificed for things that don't make me too happy, and I'm reflecting a lot on that in the past few days.  Hoping to turn things around soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment