Monday, July 20, 2015

7.20.15

Hello! I have some updates to post about!


First of all, here's a little black and white ammonite I did maybe a week and a half ago now.  I love painting ammonites; because of the way I use watercolor, it's therapeutic.  I need to stop by the store I used to work at to purchase a few more to use for reference, because I would love to do a series of them.



Second, I have prints up for sale at a store called Traveling Bohemian in Rockport, Massachusetts! I am very excited about it!  I have couple of watercolor prints all around 11x14 in size, as well as a bunch of little 4x6 prints of some pages from my sketchbook.



The larger prints that I have there I think might be placed around the store, but for the little sketchbook prints I put them in this cute basket that I'm kind of obsessed with.  They're all packaged with a business card inside, in plastic wrap, and with a piece of board cut to size in the bag as well so that they don't get bent while people look through them.  Packaging is important because if something is bent or messy looking, people are less prone to take a look.  When I brought them in, I brought to her a name card with some information about me on it as well, along with a contract sheet listing everything that I brought, and what I'm selling them for.  For artists who want to sell prints as well, doing this is a good way to keep track of what you're selling for your own records, as well as making sure that everything sold stays true to the price when you receive payments, etc.  I had the store owner (who is super nice and so friendly!) sign it and I'll be filing it with other art-related things that I have. 


This is the shopfront, they sell a lot of handmade art and jewelry, as well as clothing, and it's all fair trade!  It's fun to see all the different artists she's able to feature, and what types of things they all create, whether it's sculpture, clothing, etc.


Rockport is a beautiful place and definitely worth a visit if it's not too much of a burden to get there!  If anyone has any questions on making prints or would like tips on packaging, pricing, etc. don't hesitate to ask, I would love to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment