Thursday, February 19, 2015

2.19.15

Hello blog... It has been a while...

For the past month and two weeks I have been living in Tokyo.  Since this blog is very art-specific, I haven't really spoken much about my travels here.  But that doesn't mean that I haven't still been drawing.  I live in a place called Edogawa, and it's about a forty minute commute to the center of Tokyo.  Therefore, I have a lot of time where I can sketch on the train.  People here are very distant of each other on the subway, which in a way is kind of nice because I'm never really bothered.  Here's a collection of images from my personal sketchbook since I have been here.





I don't usually posting everything I do in my sketchbook, but in a way it helps me keep everything neat and presentable.  Other people would differ that it's not 'how a sketchbook should be kept,' but I'm not in art school anymore.  One of the things I used to not be able to stand was someone telling me how I should be drawing in my own personal sketchbook.  My sketchbook is my little escape from everything, and I love it just the way it is.

I also managed to do a quick painting about a month ago.  I've been so into drawing I haven't really been entirely in the mood to paint.


My room is really awkward with lighting and it's hard to photograph things, but I try!

I've been mostly studying while I'm here. It's hard constantly find time to do things since I am in school and I do have a  lot of work to do and there's a lot I want to learn.  I've also been trying to wrap my brain around a concept I really would like to pull from being here, but I need to do more personal exploration first through myself and physically in the city itself before I can really begin to create a project based off of living in Japan.  I need to start making time to bring my sketchbook places to draw, but I'm waiting until the weather is a little more friendly.

I believe I have a lot of potential, but I am still in the learning phase of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment