Monday, September 15, 2014

9.15.14

Wow, okay.  I am very guilty of not making a new post in a very long time.  But there's also been a lot going on in my life lately.

I have a big announcement to make about recent life excitements, but everything is sort of up in the air right now, so I'm just going to leave that for now.  I don't want to talk too soon.

But! I've been working on a zine lately! It's been actually going pretty smoothly, aside from some technical difficulties using a brand of watercolors that I'm not used to (and don't really enjoy using).  The brand I trust and usually buy isn't available at the art store that I normally go to, therefore I feel like I'm re-teaching myself how to use the paints.  It's weird using a brand that you don't ever use.  The zine, titled 'Consume,' is a total of twenty five pages and three spreads, totaling in twenty eight pages to paint.  I'm currently at three pages and one spread left!! Here's a little preview:

I went through and did all the backgrounds first, which proved to be a very successful method in terms of time management.  I also decided that I will not be posting the zine photo by photo on my website, and instead I'm going to make it available to purchase!  This is very exciting for me because I've never done something like this before!

Also!!! I finally got a new SLR!  My Canon Rebel XTi has been nearing the edge of death after having it for about six years.  The new Canon Rebel is still in the box though because my life has been too hectic and I have no extra time to run out and buy a new memory card.  But then I can resort to better photos instead of using instagram.  I can't stand relying on iPhone photos, especially after having the luxury of a good digital camera for so many years.

Life has been pretty crazy though especially with getting this book in order.  I also am having lots of trouble getting to and from my current job, and it's proving to be very upsetting and drains the life out of me.  Trying to stay positive though.  It's all I can do in this kind of situation anyway.

More fun things to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment