Monday, May 5, 2014

5.5.14

It's been a really busy art week!  I finished working on the book that I had started since my last post.  The idea behind it was to take different stones and minerals and turn them into characters.  I think this book is a good jumping off point for a story I want to write in the summertime.  Here's some photos of what the actual book layout looks like:
 I titled it 'balance,' since I've included stones that relate to all seven chakras.
And here are the drawings!  From the top left, they represent the stones charoite, black tourmaline, herkimer diamond, aventurine, fluorite, and chrysocolla.  I spent a lot of time on these and am really happy with them.  Planning on drawing character studies of them soon!

I also drew myself this weekend.  I think this is the only self portrait I've ever enjoyed painting.
I really like painting hair (can you tell?)  And simply because I have a lot of art to add, here's a sketch I did this weekend at the natural history museum of an ocelot skull from above.  They have very interesting eye sockets!


And now with all of the above completed, it's only 3:50 and I'm already home from the studio so I'm thinking about taking the evening to relax (I wonder if that will actually happen... I guess I'll find out later!)



No comments:

Post a Comment